April 23, 2009

Huffington Post

I suppose that ideologically, I lounge somewhere out on the 'liberal' end of the spectrum. Dogmatic, however, I am not. I'm not a fan of the MoveOn.org crowd and have similar disdain for both of the major political parties in the U.S.

Having said that, it should come as no surprise that I am not terribly familiar with the content on the Huffington Post.
I thought it was just a 'liberal' Democratic-leaning hang-out spewing the typical partisan trash that has become the norm these days. Thus, it was quite a surprise to me to discover that the Post is apparently a haven for nut-job pseudoscience quacks. Here are a few examples:

Antibiotics Cause Cancer
Anti-Vaccination Nonsense - (also here and here -- and that's just a small sample)
Intuitive Scanning for Health (Really??? REALLY?????)
Numerology

While I am surprised to find this stuff in such a place as the Huffington Post, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that people buy into this modern snake oil.

After all, Peter Popoff is back in business.


No comments:

Post a Comment